Monday 17 March 2014

How I stay organised-Part 1-Filofax

I'm one of those people that love to be organised and I'm a firm believer that organisation is the key to success in anything I do. In order to remember appointments, assignments, exams etc., I have to write these things down to remember little details. I've always been that way and for years I was searching for the perfect diary/agenda/calendar. When I stumbled across Filofax I was very impressed. I love that I can customise it and change things up if I feel like it. The huge community of Filofax lovers on YouTube, Instagram and blogs is inspiring-there's some really creative people out there! One of the blogs I love is Philofaxy. It's like a treasure trove of different ideas and ways to make your Filofax your own. While browsing away, I decided to post about my own Filofax and how I make it work for me.
I have the personal size Finsbury in Pink, which is a leather organiser and it's the perfect size for me. While it's not as big and spacious as the A5, it fits into every day bag I have (except my clinical bag, but that's another story!). It's buttery soft to touch and the quality is amazing. As far as inserts go, I have the basic inserts, which you will see below.
As you can see, it looks great even though I've had it for about 9 months now. The only thing showing wear and tear is the closure thing, but you can't really see. Besides, I think that the more worn the leather is, the more loved it looks. And mine is well loved at this stage!
On the inside cover there are 6 card slots. In those I have my AA roadside assistance card, my Boots loyalty card, Easons loyalty card, Debenhams card, INMO paper flags and some highlighter flag thingies. There's also a slip pocket, where I keep doctors certs and small documents that need to be filed away.


 
INMO paper flags and plastic highlighter tabs/flags/whatever they're called
I made this "dashboard"/frame for the picture behind it, which is me as a baby and my wonderful grandparents. I don't get to see them very often, so when I miss them they're always with me in my Filofax.
Here we have a dashboard of sticky pink post-its and plastic flags in 5 colours-blue, green, yellow, orange and pink. These definitely come in handy and I always have this in my Filofax because it came with the 6 ring holes punched already, and I only paid like 1 euro for this!
Here is my college timetable, reduced down to a Filofax-friendly size and colour-coded by module. I also stuck on "Library" labels to remind myself to study at these allocated times when I have free classes/free time.
 
My Finsbury came with 6 dividers, which I customised by sticking on coloured paper and some patterned cardstock. This made them sturdier and also brightens up my Filofax, because the original dividers were a cotton cream colour. This is the "diary" divider tab.
 
This is the yearly calendar, which has different colour dots to represent the days that have passed. I like this because it's so colourful.
 
Here is a random week, which is covered in pink post-it's because my timetable changes sometimes, so I like the fact that I can peel these off and change my day in a few minutes :)

This is actually a divider that I made myself from scratch. I had a random box/envelope thing that I kept from like 3 Christmasses ago because I wanted to use it somehow. When I got my new Finsbury, I decided to make a little divider for college, which has all the info for exams, assignments etc. Behind it we have a YouTube and Fitness dividers, which I also made myself from larger dividers ( they came with a 5 subject notebook I think?!).
Because I am in nursing school, and doing a degree in General Nursing, I decided to make a little list of all the modules I need to complete throughout my degree. This is done on a semester basis and I have semester 1 ticked off there, because I passed all the modules (yay!).
 
This is the end of the above list, with the finish line clearly marked out hahaha! And at the very end I have written "RGN" (which is also part of the title of this blog!), because that is my ultimate goal.



Here are some of the other dividers that I customised...
This is a pretty picture of a workstation that I really liked. I took this from a magazine, but it was so long ago that I can't even remember which magazine this was.
As part of my New Year's resolutions for 2014 I vowed to be better with my money. I decided to learn how to budget and spend my money wisely. Hence the Ziploc envelope full of coupons. At the front you can see my Tesco clubcard coupons, which are brilliant, and there are lots more. I really like this pouch/envelope, because it holds A LOT of coupons and I can also see it because it's (obviously) clear plastic.
I also have a business card holder, which I don't use for that purpose. Instead, I keep Sellotape dots and sticky tabs in different sections. I find that it helps me keep these little bits more organised and in one place so I can easily find them when I need to.
And finally, I have the very end of my Filofax- the zip pocket, which currently has nothing in it, but usually I put little documents, forms and (sometimes) stickers into.

So this sums up my Filofax and Part 1 of how I keep organised. I hope you've enjoyed this post. Thanks for reading :)

Xo,
Gintare

No comments:

Post a Comment